By Kasebamashila Kaseba
THE MEETING HAS RESOLVED AS FOLLOWS:
We the Tonga Speaking people that met in Monze on this 19th Day of July 2015, do hereby RESOLVE:
1. THAT having noted the divisive and offensive remarks made by the PF Secretary General, Davies Chama, Deputy PF Secretary General Mumbi Phiri and the PF National Youth Chairman Chishimba Kambwili; we urge President Edgar Chagwa Lungu to dismiss these three with immediate effect.
2. THAT if the President Lungu does not dismiss these three senior officials of the PF Party, the Tonga speaking people will conclude that he is in agreement with their utterances.
3. THAT we urge President Edgar Chagwa Lungu to dismiss these three officials before his proposed meeting with the traditional leaders that is scheduled for Livingstone on the 21st July, 2015.
4. THAT We further urge President Edgar Chagwa Lungu to show strong leadership by both leading by example and stop tribal, regionalism & ethnicity propaganda by all political players to unite the nation.
5. THAT the Tonga speaking people believe in a unitary state and therefore the talk of secession has never been and will never be on the agenda.
Initially issued: July 12, 2015
Published in The Post of 10th August, 2015