A GRADE six pupil of Mungu Primary School in Kafue has died after being choked by a lollipop. Mungu ward councillor Kelly Liwanga confirmed the incident and named the victim as Vivian Mweene of Mungu, Kafue West.

He said the incident happened yesterday around 13:00hours after Vivian knocked off from school and was on her way home.

“Apparently, the pupil bought a lollipop sweet after knocking off from school on her way home but unfortunately, she failed to swallow it and died instantly,”

said Liwanga.

Police sources at Industrial Police Post in Kafue Estates also confirmed having received information about Vivian’s death. And Mungu assistant Community Development officer Frederick Milandu described Vivian’s death as unfortunate.

He said the deceased was a disciplined and very active girl at church where she served as a leader in the youth movement of the Seventh Day Adventist Church.

“Her death is so painful to bear,” said Milandu.

Loading...
SHARE