A Parallel Voter Tabulation being conducted by various stakeholders indicate that opposition United Party For National Development (UPND) President Hakainde Hichilema has won Zambia’s 2016 presidential elections in the first round after polling 3,356,725 of the total votes representing 50.05% against his closest rival Edgar Lungu of the Patriotic Front (PF) who polled 3,295,347 representing 49.05% of the votes.
It is however not yet official as the custodian that mans elections in Zambia The Electoral Commision of Zambia has not yet started announcing results despite having Constituencies which are less than 5KM concluding counting of ballot papers ealier than 21 hrs Thursday night.
Below are the results from the 10 provinces compiled by various stake holders via Parrallel Voter Tabulation (PVT).
1. LSK PROV- ECL 570,852 HH 537,272
2. CB PROV- ECL 556,656 HH 488,237
3. SOUTHERN- ECL 72,906 HH 729,069
4. EASTERN PROV- ECL 620,711 HH 147,418
5. CENTRAL PROV- ECL 288,957 HH 346,748
6. NORTHERN- ECL 362,196 HH 189,456
7. LUAPULA PROV- ECL 357,326 HH 148,035
8. WESTERN PROV- ECL 94,794 HH 399,132
9. NORTH WESTERN- ECL 72,103 HH 324,465
10. MUCHINGA PROV- ECL 296,846 HH 48,892
However, a swing is anticipated after [su_quote cite=”disclosed the source.”]the Electoral body was ordered not to announce any results this morning and afternoon after a meeting with His Excellency around 11hrs[/su_quote]