A 28 year old ZESCO employee has died after being electrocuted by electricity which was switched on as his was fixing a fault during load shedding.

Paul Kasongo 28, was sent to fix a power fault with his colleagues at a time when Makeni was scheduled to have load shedding yesterday.

 

But ZESCO is trying at all cost to hide information of them having killed their own employee with electricity shock because they do not want to compensate the family.

 

But Police Spokesperson Esther Katongo told Zambian Watch that Kasongo was yesterday 11th July, 2019 at about 1200 hours electrocuted to death.

 

Ms. Katongo said this was after ZESCO forgot they sent people to work on a fault an switched on the line back to live while the deceased was on the poll holding a high voltage cable which roasted him in 20 seconds.

 

It is reported that the electrocution happened at Deniz Block Company near Sangala Police Post as he was repairing a fault.

The body is in UTH mortuary awaiting postmortem.

 

2 COMMENTS

  1. Isolation procedure not observed! Tragic indeed!
    Train all Electricians in LOTOTO Isolation Safety Procedure before touching any live wire!

  2. THIS IS HOW THEY DO IT BY HIDING AND IT ALL HAPPENED TO US IN A CASE WHICH OUR OWN BROTHER WEBSTER WAS ELECTRICUTED IN CHIRUNDU EVEN WHEN EVIDENCE WAS THEIR BUT THEY DENIED THE CHARGE IN COURTS OF LAW. YOU CAN HIDE THROUGH YOUR FACTS BUT TRUTH CAN NOT BE HIDDEN IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD. TODAY YOU KILL INNOCENT SOUL LIVING OUT CHILDREN SUFFERING, BUT GOD IS WATCHING AND SHALL ALL STAND IN HIS PRESENCE.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here